Course Description – 100% Online
“Spa Therapy” presently signifies a wide range of treatments, which may or may not be associated with aqua (water) therapy. The most popular spa treatment, by far, is massage. It has been around for thousands of years and has a number of health benefits. The two most popular massages are Swedish massage and deep tissue massage. Swedish massage typically covers the whole body with firm strokes but without much deep, focused work. Deep tissue massage will use firmer pressure and also include focused work on areas that are especially tight. Another massage offered on most menus is an aromatherapy massage, which uses essential oils to achieve different purposes, most commonly relaxation.
Other popular spa treatments include body treatments like salt glows and body wraps. The basic body scrub exfoliates your outermost, dead skin cells with a salt scrub (rougher), a sugar scrub (gentler) or some other exfoliant, like coffee grounds or fruit enzymes that gently loosen the inter-cellular bonds. A body scrub can be a stand-alone treatment, but it is often combined with a body wrap that is either hydrating (adding moisture to the skin) or detoxifying (anything with clay, mud or seaweed).
Many spas usually have signature services or offer packages that might combine several different treatments, ie: a body scrub followed by a hot stone or regular massage.
This Spa Therapy course is delivered online via video training and through the textbook. This comprehensive program will ensure you will learn all that is required to become a Professional Spa Therapist. Model waivers are included as a download so you can gain your practical experience. Many of our students have found a Salon/Spa of their choice to offer their services as an apprentice to gain hands-on training. Mirage Spa Education is a Registered Trade School with PTIB, Private Training Institutions Branch of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills, and Training In BC, Canada. Please check with your local governing body to ensure Canadian Credentials are accepted.
Requirements: Minimum 19 years of age or have completed grade 12 (or equivalent); You must have Internet access.
Spa Therapy is delivered via textbook and online videos. You will study from the book and log onto the site to write the exam. Once you have studied the theory you can download a model waiver and practice the treatment.
Spa treatments are the services that a spa provides. The most popular spa treatment by far, is massage. It has been around for thousands of years and has a number of health benefits.
Other popular spa treatments include body treatments like salt glows and body wraps. Some spas, usually have signature services that might combine several different treatments: a body scrub followed by a massage and a mini-facial, for instance. The two most popular massages are Swedish massage and deep tissue massage. Swedish massage typically covers the whole body with firm strokes but without much deep, focused work. Deep tissue massage will use firmer pressure and also include focused work on areas that are especially tight. Another massage offering on most menus is an aromatherapy massage, which uses essential oils to achieve different purposes, most commonly relaxation.
The basic body scrub exfoliates your outermost, dead skin cells with a salt scrub (rougher), a sugar scrub (gentler) or some other exfoliant, like coffee grounds, fruit enzymes or a bristle brush or gloves that gently loosen the inter-cellular bonds. A body scrub can be a stand-alone treatment, but it is often combined with a body wrap that is either hydrating (adding moisture to the skin) or detoxifying (anything with clay, mud or seaweed).
Once your client has been exfoliated they can choose a body wrap, or a massage. If they have enough time and want an amazing treatments choose all three.
Spa Therapy Outline:
History From Europe to America
Water and Water Therapy
Baths and Bathing
Touch and Massage
Introduction to Aromatherapy
Client Preparation and Room Setup
Body Treatments and Treatment Development
Upon completion of this course you will understand the treatment and benefits of Spa Services. Water therapy – Massage – Body Treatments
Practical Sections of the course
Part 1: Water and Water Therapy / Baths and Bathing / Showers / Tub Treatments
Part 2: Aromatherapy and Essential Oils
Part 3: Exfoliation and Massage
Part 4: Body Treatments, Hot & Cold / Mud / Clay / Seaweed / Spot Treatments
*PLEASE READ THROUGH THIS ENTIRE PAGE TO FULLY UNDERSTAND ALL COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS COURSE*
Registration fee of $250.00 must be paid in advance to hold your seat (non refundable)
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS WILL PAY IN US FUNDS ($USD)
Tuition $2000.00 ($3000 for International Students)
Online training fees $1000.00
Total = $3000.00 ($4000 for International Students)
>> OR Choose from payment plans below:
Payment plan (based on Canadian pricing):
$333.34 per month x 9 months (part time)
$750.00 per month x 4 months (full time)
This course does not include any textbooks, tools or products that are required to complete. However, Nailtechstore.ca has pre-made professional kits for your convenience. Once enrolled you will be given the link to the book(s) and kit(s) required to complete the specific course. Prices and contents subject to change without notice.
Kit prices are listed below at a wholesale pricing level and do not include taxes. Please consider the appropriate taxes for your area.
Spa One Body Care
Following along the same high quality as their skin care line, Spa One body care also boasts the features of being chemically free, organic, and made with the highly active ingredients of Moor mud, algae and seaweed.
The body care kit contains exfoliating Himalayan Crystal Salt, Body Scrub Cream, Algamoor and Gemstone Clay Body Mask, Firming Contour Gels, Massage Lotion and amazing Massage Balms.
Spa One Body Care Kit costs $164
Day Spa Techniques Cost $200.00
NailTechStore.ca will charge you directly for your books, products and shipping. Shipping is through Canada Post with delivery to your door. A signature is required.
- The student has graduated from grade 12 or equivalent (B.C. high school diploma, B.C. Adult Graduation Diploma, General Educational Development) or an equivalent secondary school completion from another jurisdiction; or
- The student is 19 years of age or older before the start of classes.
- Must have an Esthetics diploma or previous training in skin, anatomy, sciences, chemistry and other related fields. Proof of training is required.
As this is an online course, you will need Internet access.
We recommend finding a salon/spa in your area to apprentice until you are competent in performing your services.
This program has been approved by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training. We use the Internationally Recognized Milady Textbook for this course. Please check with your local governing body to ensure Canadian credentials are accepted.
We encourage you to look into various funding options available in your province.
We can’t guarantee individual eligibility with any specific funding agency or financial assistance program; however, below is a list of links that may help provide you direction.
Please check back regularly, as we will be adding to the list as more options become available:
Student Aid British Columbia
Mirage Spa Education has compiled a Student Aid BC Handbook – This is your first stop in understanding the requirements, obligations, and policies before applying to Student Aid BC. Please read through the handbook carefully before beginning your application process online.
Mirage Spa Education Student Aid BC Funding Handbook
Metis Employment and Training British Columbia NW Region (Contact: Renee Berschaminski)
Opportunities Fund Program – BC Centre for Ability – Vancouver, British Columbia (Contact: Sandy Liles)
NEWFOUNDLAND AND LABRADOR
Kakivak Association – Iqaluit, Nunavut (Contact: Pat Powell or Annie Alexander)
Financial Assistance for Nunavut Students: 1-877-860-0680
TUITION REFUND POLICY
- If Mirage Spa Education Inc. receives tuition from the student, or a person on behalf of the student, the institution will refund the student, or the person who paid on behalf of the student, the tuition that was paid in relation to this course in which the student is enrolled if:
- the institution receives a notice of withdrawal in writing from the student no later than seven business days after the effective contract date and before the contract start date;
- the student, signs the student enrolment contract seven business days or less before the contract start date and the institution receives a notice of withdrawal from the student between the date the student, signed the student enrolment contract and the contract start date; or
- Mirage Spa Education Inc. will refund the tuition for this course and all related fees paid by the student or a person on behalf of the student enrolled in the program if the student is enrolled in the course without having met the admission requirements and did not misrepresent his or her knowledge or skills when applying for admission.
- Mirage Spa Education Inc. provides this course solely through distance education and the institution receives a student’s notice of withdrawal or the institution delivers a notice of dismissal to the student and:
- the student has completed and received an evaluation of his or her performance for up to 30% of the hours of instruction (based on full time hours @ 35 hours per week) to be provided during the contract term, the institution may retain up to 30% of the tuition due under the student enrolment contract, or
- the student has completed and received an evaluation of his or her performance (based on full time hours @ 35 hours per week) for more than 30% but less than 50% of the program, the institution may retain up to 50% of the tuition due under the student enrolment contract.
- The student has completed more than 50% of the course (based on full time hours @ 35 hours per week) no refund is due.
- Refunds required under this policy will be paid to the student, or a person who paid the tuition or fees on behalf of the student, within 30 days:
- of the date Mirage Spa Education Inc. receives a student’s notice of withdrawal in writing,
- of the date Mirage Spa Education Inc. provides a notice of dismissal to the student in writing,
- of the date that the registrar provides notice to Mirage Spa Education Inc. that the institution is not complying, or
- after the first 30% of the hours (based on full time hours @ 35 hours per week) of instruction if section 3 of this policy applies.
- If an international student delivers a copy of a refusal of a study permit to Mirage Spa Education Inc., sections 1(1), 1(2), and 4 of this policy apply as if the copy of the refusal were a notice of withdrawal, unless:
- the international student requests an additional letter of acceptance for the same program that was the subject of the refusal of a study permit, or this course is provided solely through distance education.