Course Description – 100% Online
IMPORTANT: Please check with your local regulatory or licensing bureau/cosmetology association to ensure that our curriculum and online platform meet eligibility requirements for examination and licensing, where required. This is particularly important for prospective students residing in the USA.
“Esthetics” is actually a term used to describe a philosophical approach to appreciating things of beauty, reverence and artistry. It is quite fitting, then, that the practice of skin beautification in the health and wellness industry is also referred to as esthetics – sometimes even going by its original spelling, “aesthetics.”
Depending on their work setting or job title, estheticians may perform a wide spectrum of services, includine simple facials, depilatory hair removal and even makeup application.
Estheticians are skincare specialists responsible for performing a variety of facial treatments designed to increase, improve, or maintain the health and appearance of the skin.
Estheticians are trained in skin wellness, most often helping their clients combat complexion problems through a number of therapies and practices.
Waxing, threading, or using depilatories to remove unwanted hair is a common practice for estheticians.
Estheticians often perform procedures and treatments that focus not only on the body, but on the mind and spirit as well – therapies include hot stone massage, mud baths, and aromatherapy. These are popular additions to the repertoire of many estheticians and fall into our Spa Therapy category. This option requires additional training; however, combining our Esthetics program with our Spa Therapy program will allow you to offer the absolute best possible service to your clients.
Upon successful completion of this course you will receive an Esthetics Diploma as well as your stamped/sealed Official Transcripts.
See the pricing tab for Book and Kit costs.
Requirements: Minimum 19 years of age or have completed grade 12 (or equivalent). You must have Internet access, and a digital device that can take and submit photos.
CLICK HERE to listen to an interview with an Esthetician
This Esthetic course is delivered online via video training as is 100% theory based, meaning there are no assignments.
You will study from the textbook, then log into the courses site to complete the exam. This comprehensive theory-based program will ensure you will learn all that is required to become a Professional Esthetician.
Many of our students have found a salon of their choice to offer their services as an apprentice to gain hands on training after successfully graduating from the course.
Communicating for Success
The Healthy Professional
Chemistry & Chemical Safety
Electricity & Electrical Safety
On The Job
Career Opportunities and History of Esthetics
Anatomy and Physiology
Physiology and Histology of the Skin
Disorders and Diseases of the Skin
Skin Care Products: Chemistry, Ingredients, and Selection
The Treatment Room
Facial Devices and Technology
Advanced Topics and Treatments
Online Procedural training
Part 1: Skin Analysis / Facial Treatments / Facial Massage / Use of Machines
Part 2: Hair Removal
Part 3: Makeup / Related Beauty Services
*PLEASE READ THROUGH THIS ENTIRE PAGE TO FULLY UNDERSTAND ALL COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS COURSE*
Registration fee of $250.00 must be paid in advance to hold your seat (non refundable)
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS WILL PAY IN US FUNDS ($USD)
Tuition $3000.00 ($4000 for International Students)
Online training fees $2000.00
Total = $5000.00 ($6000 for International Students)
>> OR Choose from payment plans below:
Payment plan options (based on Canadian pricing):
$416.67 per month x 12 months (part time)
$833.34 per month x 6 months (full time)
The tuition costs do not include textbooks, tools or products that you will need to complete. However, Nailtechstore.ca has pre-made professional kits for your convenience. Once enrolled you will be given the link to the book(s) and kit(s) required to complete the specific course. Should you already have a comparable professional product(s) as listed in the kit, you can remove them at order time.
Kit prices are listed below at a wholesale pricing level and do not include taxes. Please consider the appropriate taxes for your area. Prices and contents subject to change without notice.
All Course material is delivered online, therefore you must purchase the E-Book assigned to this course.
The E-Book provides you with a key code to open the course. Also available is the beautiful hard copy text book. You can purchase the E-Book and the text as a bundle, but you cannot purchase the text book separately.
Esthetics Vol. 8 E-Book (seat in learning platform) Cost $525.00
Esthetics Vol. 8 Bundle (e-book and text) Cost $650.00
Professional Product kits provided through Nailtechstore.ca are carefully and specifically designed for this course.
Spa One Skin Care
Spa One Skin Care is a light and beautiful, organic skin care line made with the amazing active and healing ingredients of MOOR and Seaweed. Moor is 12,000 years old and found 63 feet below the surface in Bleiberg Austria. Spa One Skin Care is also made with marine phytoplankton which is found on Vancouver Island. These amazing active ingredients are bio-available, easily absorbed and help remove toxins both internally and externally – a great anti-oxidant.
Spa One Skin Care contains no chemicals, and is not tested on animals.
The Spa One Skin Care Kit contains all the products you require to perform all skin care services and your clients will love how their skin feels.
Skin Care Kit Costs
The complete skin care kit cost is $439.50
Spa One Professional Makeup
Spa One Professional Makeup Kit is a massive product kit offering a large variety of full-sized products and colors.
Included in the kit: primers, concealers and finishing powders, five different types of foundations in 10 shades, lip and shadow pallets containing a variety of cool, neutral, and warm shades with matching pencils, a 14- piece high quality brush set, disposable applicators, and so much more.
Spa One Makeup kit costs
The complete Makeup kit cost is $1065.00
Shipping is through Canada Post with delivery to your door. A signature is required.
NailTechStore.ca will charge you directly for your books, products and shipping costs.
As this is an online course, you need Internet access.
We recommend finding a salon/spa in your area to apprentice until you are competent in performing your services.
This program has been approved by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training. We use the Internationally Recognized Milady Textbook for this course. Please check with your local governing body to ensure Canadian Credentials are accepted.
We encourage you to look into various funding options available in your province.
We can’t guarantee individual eligibility with any specific funding agency or financial assistance program; however, below is a list of links that may help provide you direction.
Please check back regularly, as we will be adding to the list as more options become available:
Student Aid British Columbia
Mirage Spa Education has compiled a Student Aid BC Handbook – This is your first stop in understanding the requirements, obligations, and policies before applying to Student Aid BC. Please read through the handbook carefully before beginning your application process online.
Mirage Spa Education Student Aid BC Funding Handbook
Metis Employment and Training British Columbia NW Region (Contact: Renee Berschaminski)
Opportunities Fund Program – BC Centre for Ability – Vancouver, British Columbia (Contact: Sandy Liles)
NEWFOUNDLAND AND LABRADOR
Kakivak Association – Iqaluit, Nunavut (Contact: Pat Powell or Annie Alexander)
Financial Assistance for Nunavut Students: 1-877-860-0680
TUITION REFUND POLICY
- If Mirage Spa Education Inc. receives tuition from the student, or a person on behalf of the student, the institution will refund the student, or the person who paid on behalf of the student, the tuition that was paid in relation to this course in which the student is enrolled if:
- the institution receives a notice of withdrawal in writing from the student no later than seven business days after the effective contract date and before the contract start date;
- the student, signs the student enrolment contract seven business days or less before the contract start date and the institution receives a notice of withdrawal from the student between the date the student, signed the student enrolment contract and the contract start date; or
- Mirage Spa Education Inc. will refund the tuition for this course and all related fees paid by the student or a person on behalf of the student enrolled in the program if the student is enrolled in the course without having met the admission requirements and did not misrepresent his or her knowledge or skills when applying for admission.
- Mirage Spa Education Inc. provides this course solely through distance education and the institution receives a student’s notice of withdrawal or the institution delivers a notice of dismissal to the student and:
- the student has completed and received an evaluation of his or her performance for up to 30% of the hours of instruction (based on full time hours @ 35 hours per week) to be provided during the contract term, the institution may retain up to 30% of the tuition due under the student enrolment contract, or
- the student has completed and received an evaluation of his or her performance (based on full time hours @ 35 hours per week) for more than 30% but less than 50% of the program, the institution may retain up to 50% of the tuition due under the student enrolment contract.
- The student has completed more than 50% of the course (based on full time hours @ 35 hours per week) no refund is due.
- Refunds required under this policy will be paid to the student, or a person who paid the tuition or fees on behalf of the student, within 30 days:
- of the date Mirage Spa Education Inc. receives a student’s notice of withdrawal in writing,
- of the date Mirage Spa Education Inc. provides a notice of dismissal to the student in writing,
- of the date that the registrar provides notice to Mirage Spa Education Inc. that the institution is not complying, or
- after the first 30% of the hours (based on full time hours @ 35 hours per week) of instruction if section 3 of this policy applies.
- If an international student delivers a copy of a refusal of a study permit to Mirage Spa Education Inc., sections 1(1), 1(2), and 4 of this policy apply as if the copy of the refusal were a notice of withdrawal, unless:
- the international student requests an additional letter of acceptance for the same program that was the subject of the refusal of a study permit, or this course is provided solely through distance education.