Once you have completed this 200 hour online Artificial Nail Technician course you will be confident in applying regular and French sculpted nails in both gel and acrylic, as well as Color Gel and Color Acrylic.
You will also learn to do Gel and Acrylic refills, Repairs, Re-growth, as well as proper use of the electric file, and Nail Art.
You will perform learned procedures on the Nail Trainer Hand. Once you have completed your sets, simply mail the assignment to our Mirage Spa Education office for grading. The assignment will be assessed and a video will be sent to you with your evaluation, on what areas need improvement and what you have excelled in.
To graduate from this course, you will be required to complete a pre-determined number of nails, along with a number of multiple choice exams, as well as a final exam. Upon completion of this course, you’ll be on your way to a new and exciting career as an Artificial Nail Technician. You can take up to nine (9) months to complete this course.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive an Artificial Technician Diploma, as well as your stamped/sealed official transcripts.
See the pricing tab for Book and Kit costs
NOTE: You will not learn Manicures or Pedicures in this course. If you would like to offer Natural Nail services please choose the Fully Qualified Nail Technician course.
Requirements: Minimum 19 years of age or have completed grade 12 (or equivalent); You must have Internet access, and a digital device that can take and submit photos.
THEORY: The course is based on 200 hours theory and practical; you’ll be required to write exams throughout the course.
Modules – This Artificial Nail Technician Program is broken into five (5) Modules.
Module 1 – Tip Application / Temporary Sets
Module 2 – Gel Nails
Module 3 – Acrylic Nails
Module 4 – Electric File
Module 5 – Nail Art and Final Exams
The course is based on 200 hours theory and practical
History and Opportunities
Your Professional Image
Communicating for Success
General Anatomy and Physiology
Skin Structure and Growth
Nail Structure and Growth
Nail Diseases and Disorders
Basics of Chemistry
Nail Product Chemistry Simplified
Basics of Electricity
Tips, Wraps, Gels
Acrylic Nail Enhancements
The Creative touch
On the Job
The Salon Business
You are required to perform a minimum for each service
Tip applications, blending and shaping
Tip extensions (Sculpting Clear and Pink and White in Gel and Acrylic)
Form extensions (Sculpting Clear and Pink and White in Gel and Acrylic)
Nail Refills, Repair, Rebalance – with E-file
Color gel and acrylic (nail art)
Nail art (rhinestones, decals, glitter, mylar flakes, and much more)
*PLEASE READ THROUGH THIS ENTIRE PAGE TO FULLY UNDERSTAND ALL COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS COURSE*
Registration fee of $250.00 must be paid in advance to hold your seat
INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS WILL PAY IN US FUNDS ($USD)
Online training fees $900.00
Total = $2100.00
$420.00 per module x 5 modules (pay as you go plan)
$233.34 per month x 9 months (part time)
$700.00 per month x 3 months (full time)
Nailtechstore.ca has pre-made kits for each module for your convenience.
The tuition costs do not include textbooks, tools or products that you will need to complete. However, Nailtechstore.ca has pre-made professional kits for your convenience. Once enrolled you will be given the link to the book(s) and kit(s) required to complete the specific course. Should you already have a comparable professional product(s) as listed in the kit, you can remove pre checkout.
Kit prices are listed below at a wholesale pricing level and do not include taxes. Please consider the appropriate taxes for your area. Prices and contents subject to change without notice.
Module 1 – Tip application includes Nail Trainer Hand -Cost $340.40
Module 2 – Gel – includes light unit – Cost $350.25
Module 3 – Acrylic – Cost $96.20
Module 4 – Electric File – Cost $175.00
Module 5 – Nail Art – Cost $32.90
NailTechStore.ca will charge you directly for your books / products and shipping. Shipping is through Canada Post and delivery to your door. A signature is required.
We encourage you to look into various funding options available in your province.
We can’t guarantee individual eligibility with any specific funding agency or financial assistance program; however, below is a list of links that may help provide you direction.
Please check back regularly, as we will be adding to the list as more options become available:
Student Aid British Columbia
Mirage Spa Education has compiled a Student Aid BC Handbook – This is your first stop in understanding the requirements, obligations, and policies before applying to Student Aid BC. Please read through the handbook carefully before beginning your application process online.
Mirage Spa Education Student Aid BC Funding Handbook
Metis Employment and Training British Columbia NW Region (Contact: Renee Berschaminski)
Opportunities Fund Program – BC Centre for Ability – Vancouver, British Columbia (Contact: Sandy Liles)
NEWFOUNDLAND AND LABRADOR
Kakivak Association – Iqaluit, Nunavut (Contact: Pat Powell or Annie Alexander)
Financial Assistance for Nunavut Students: 1-877-860-0680
TUITION REFUND POLICY
- If Mirage Spa Education Inc. receives tuition from the student, or a person on behalf of the student, the institution will refund the student, or the person who paid on behalf of the student, the tuition that was paid in relation to this course in which the student is enrolled if:
- the institution receives a notice of withdrawal in writing from the student no later than seven business days after the effective contract date and before the contract start date;
- the student, signs the student enrolment contract seven business days or less before the contract start date and the institution receives a notice of withdrawal from the student between the date the student, signed the student enrolment contract and the contract start date; or
- Mirage Spa Education Inc. will refund the tuition for this course and all related fees paid by the student or a person on behalf of the student enrolled in the program if the student is enrolled in the course without having met the admission requirements and did not misrepresent his or her knowledge or skills when applying for admission.
- Mirage Spa Education Inc. provides this course solely through distance education and the institution receives a student’s notice of withdrawal or the institution delivers a notice of dismissal to the student and:
- the student has completed and received an evaluation of his or her performance for up to 30% of the hours of instruction (based on full time hours @ 35 hours per week) to be provided during the contract term, the institution may retain up to 30% of the tuition due under the student enrolment contract, or
- the student has completed and received an evaluation of his or her performance (based on full time hours @ 35 hours per week) for more than 30% but less than 50% of the program, the institution may retain up to 50% of the tuition due under the student enrolment contract.
- The student has completed more than 50% of the course (based on full time hours @ 35 hours per week) no refund is due.
- Refunds required under this policy will be paid to the student, or a person who paid the tuition or fees on behalf of the student, within 30 days:
- of the date Mirage Spa Education Inc. receives a student’s notice of withdrawal in writing,
- of the date Mirage Spa Education Inc. provides a notice of dismissal to the student in writing,
- of the date that the registrar provides notice to Mirage Spa Education Inc. that the institution is not complying, or
- after the first 30% of the hours (based on full time hours @ 35 hours per week) of instruction if section 3 of this policy applies.
- If an international student delivers a copy of a refusal of a study permit to Mirage Spa Education Inc., sections 1(1), 1(2), and 4 of this policy apply as if the copy of the refusal were a notice of withdrawal, unless:
- the international student requests an additional letter of acceptance for the same program that was the subject of the refusal of a study permit, or this course is provided solely through distance education.