Mirage Spa Education Canada collects students’ personal information for the following reasons:
- To maintain student records as required by PCTIA.
- To maintain student records as required by SABC (accredited schools.)
- To keep students/graduates informed of activities of the school.
- To issue T2202As in accordance with Canada Revenue Agency
- Students’ personal information is not used for any other purpose.
For all full career training programs:
- Mirage Spa Education Canada retains the full student file for a period of seven (7) years following the student’s withdrawal, dismissal or graduation. After seven years, the full student record is destroyed using a secure destruction method.
- Mirage Spa Education Canada uploads a copy of the students’ contract, transcripts and credential (if any) to an approved third-party vendor. These records are retained for a period of fifty-five (55) years by the third-party vendor.
Procedure for maintaining student files:
- Student personal information is collected throughout the student’s attendance at the institution. All required information regarding the student is placed in the student file.
- Student files containing personal information are safely stored in locking file cabinets and access to the student files is limited to the appropriate administrative staff, the Senior Education Administrator, and the School Owner.
- When a student leaves the school either by withdrawal, dismissal or graduation a transcript is prepared showing the marks achieved in the courses completed. If the student has completed all courses within the program of study, a program credential is also prepared. These documents are signed by the School Owner and copies of the signed documents are placed in the student file.
- Within 30 days of the student leaving school, copies of the Enrolment Contract, Transcript and Diploma for full career training programs are sent to the third-party vendor for long term storage.
- After documents are sent for long term storage, the full student file is placed in “inactive” student storage for one year.
- At the end of one year, the student file is placed in “closed” storage for a further six years.
- At the end of the seven year period, the full student file may be destroyed using a secure destruction method.
Procedure for student access to the information on file:
- Students wishing to access the information in the student file must make the request in writing.
- The Senior Educational Administrator will meet with the student to review the file and will provide copies of any document the student requests.
- The student will pay $2.00 per page for the documents copied for him/her.
Procedure for authorizing release of information:
- If a student wishes to authorize a third party to access information in his/her student file, he/she must do so in writing.
- The school will not release information to any person other than people authorized by the student to access information unless required to do so by legislation, a subpoena, court order or if release of information is necessary as part of an ongoing police investigation.