Mirage Spa Education Canada collects students’ personal information for the following reasons:
- To maintain student records as required by PCTIA.
- To maintain student records as required by SABC (accredited schools.)
- To keep students/graduates informed of activities of the school.
- To issue T2202As in accordance with Canada Revenue Agency
- Students’ personal information is not used for any other purpose.
For all full career training programs:
- Mirage Spa Education Canada retains the full student file for a period of seven (7) years following the student’s withdrawal, dismissal or graduation. After seven years, the full student record is destroyed using a secure destruction method.
- Mirage Spa Education Canada uploads a copy of the students’ contract, transcripts and credential (if any) to an approved third-party vendor. These records are retained for a period of fifty-five (55) years by the third-party vendor.
Procedure for maintaining student files:
- Student personal information is collected throughout the student’s attendance at the institution. All required information regarding the student is placed in the student file.
- Student files containing personal information are safely stored in locking file cabinets and access to the student files is limited to the appropriate administrative staff, the Senior Education Administrator, and the School Owner.
- When a student leaves the school either by withdrawal, dismissal or graduation a transcript is prepared showing the marks achieved in the courses completed. If the student has completed all courses within the program of study, a program credential is also prepared. These documents are signed by the School Owner and copies of the signed documents are placed in the student file.
- Within 30 days of the student leaving school, copies of the Enrolment Contract, Transcript and Diploma for full career training programs are sent to the third-party vendor for long term storage.
- After documents are sent for long term storage, the full student file is placed in “inactive” student storage for one year.
- At the end of one year, the student file is placed in “closed” storage for a further six years.
- At the end of the seven year period, the full student file may be destroyed using a secure destruction method.
Procedure for student access to the information on file:
- Students wishing to access the information in the student file must make the request in writing.
- The Senior Educational Administrator will meet with the student to review the file and will provide copies of any document the student requests.
- The student will pay $2.00 per page for the documents copied for him/her.
Procedure for authorizing release of information:
- If a student wishes to authorize a third party to access information in his/her student file, he/she must do so in writing.
- The school will not release information to any person other than people authorized by the student to access information unless required to do so by legislation, a subpoena, court order or if release of information is necessary as part of an ongoing police investigation.
Who we are
Our website address is: https://miragespa.ca.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
At present we do not collect any personal data other than what a person might put in to their profile should they decide to join the site.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Should someone choose to use our contact form very limited information is retained save email addresses given. This information is only retained incase the reason for the contact form requires a response.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
This site uses analytics by Jetpack for visitor stats and it also uses Google analytics as well. While these services may retain visitor information such as IP addresses, this site does not retain this type of information.
Who we share your data with
At present this site does operate the ecommerce system known as WooCommerce that can be used with Paypal. Further, this site uses Canada Post to meet any fulfillment on orders. These systems retain some user information with respect to payments and shipping.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
Should you require to contact us with regards to privacy concerns, please direct your email queries to email@example.com