“Esthetics” is actually a term used to describe a philosophical approach to appreciating things of beauty, reverence and artistry. It’s quite fitting, then, that the practice of skin beautification in the health and wellness industry is also referred to as esthetics- sometimes even going by its original spelling, “aesthetics.”
Depending on their work setting or job title, estheticians may perform a wide spectrum of services, from simple facials,
depilatory hair removal and even makeup application.
Estheticians are skincare specialists responsible for performing a variety of facial treatments designed to increase, improve, or maintain the health and appearance of the skin.
Estheticians are trained in skin wellness, most often helping their clients combat complexion problems through a number of therapies and practices.
Waxing, threading, or using depilatories to remove unwanted hair is a common practice for estheticians.
In spa settings, estheticians often perform procedures and treatments that are just as much about the mind and the spirit as they are about the body. As such, therapies such as hot stone massages, mud baths, and aromatherapy are popular additions to the repertoire of many estheticians that fall into the Spa Therapy category and require additional training.
This Esthetic course is delivered online via video training. You will study from the textbook, then log into the courses site to complete the exam. This comprehensive program will ensure you will learn all that is required to become a Professional Esthetician. Model waivers are included as a download so you can gain your practical experience. Many of our students have found a salon of their choice to offer their services as an apprentice to gain hands on training. Mirage is a Registered Trade School with the Department of Education In BC, Canada. We use the Internationally Recognized Milady Textbook for this course. Please check with your local governing body to ensure Canadian Credentials are accepted.
- Part 1 – Orientation
- Chapter 1 – Skin Care History and Career Opportunities
- Chapter 2 – Life Skills
- Chapter 3 – Your Professional Image
- Chapter 4 – Communicating for Success
Part 2 – General Sciences
- Chapter 5 – Infection Control: Principals and Practices
- Chapter 6 – General Anatomy and Physiology
- Chapter 7 – Basics of Chemistry
- Chapter 8 – Basics of Electricity
- Chapter 9 – Basics of Nutrition
Part 3 – The Skin Sciences
- Chapter 10 – Physiology and Histology of the Skin
- Chapter 11 – Skin Disorders and Diseases
- Chapter 12 – Skin Analysis
- Chapter 13 – Skin Care Products: Chemistry, Ingredients, and Selection
Part 4 – Esthetics
- Chapter 14 – The Treatment Room
- Chapter 15 – Facial Treatments
- Chapter 16 – Facial Massage
- Chapter 17 – Facial Machines
- Chapter 18 – Hair Removal
- Chapter 19 – Advanced Topics and Treatments
- Chapter 20 – The World of Makeup
Part 5 – Business Skills
- Chapter 21 – Career Planning
- Chapter 22 – The skin Care Business
- Chapter 23 – Selling Products and Services
You are required to write exams in accordance to the Esthetics Fundamentals by Milady Publishing (Internationally Recognized)
Online Procedural training
Part 1: Skin Analysis / Facial Treatments / Facial Massage / Use of Machines
Part 2: Hair Removal
Part 3: Makeup / Related Beauty Services
Contact Phone: 855-590-6150